Re: [campsite-support] Implementing ad rotation in campsite
  • Hi Terix,The projects I've worked on always use the OpenX ad server (www.openx.org) to serve all kinds of ads, not just banners. It's really easy to integrate with Campsite - just copy the insertion code from OpenX and paste it in your template where you want the ad to go.Hope this helps,douglas-----"" <phorum@code.campware.org> wrote: -----To: campsite-support@campware.orgFrom: "" <phorum@code.campware.org>Date: 10/26/2009 05:36PMSubject: [campsite-support] [Campsite Support] Implementing ad rotation in campsiteAuthor: TerixLink:  http://code.campware.org/phorum/read.php?8,7720,7720#msg-7720--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hi,anybody can help me implementing advertisement rotating within campsite templates? There is any plug-in or similar available?-- Sent from Campware Forumshttp://code.campware.org/phorum
  • 8 Comments sorted by
  • Hi Douglas,

i've got openx and worked with it a bit, it's really nice, but i have a couple of doubts... i see that the openx ads are javascript driven... but what happens if an user disables javascript? there is nothing php-driven, that works inside and with campsite itself?
  • Hi Terix,You can select JS, Iframe or Local (PHP) invocation code from the dropdown for each banner in OpenX. All the best,Sava-----"" <phorum@code.campware.org> wrote: -----To: campsite-support@campware.orgFrom: "" <phorum@code.campware.org>Date: 11/03/2009 01:20PMSubject: [Campsite Support] Re: [campsite-support] Implementing ad rotation in campsiteAuthor: TerixLink:  http://code.campware.org/phorum/read.php?8,7721,7742#msg-7742--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hi Douglas,i've got openx and worked with it a bit, it's really nice, but i have a couple of doubts... i see that the openx ads are javascript driven... but what happens if an user disables javascript? there is nothing php-driven, that works inside and with campsite itself?-- Sent from Campware Forumshttp://code.campware.org/phorum
  • Hi, could i ask you which versione of openx do you use? I'm using 2.8.2 but i'm having a lot of troubles because of missing css (from what i see it's a bug of this version)
    could you tell me which openx version do you use?
  • 2.8.1 seems to be working fine-----"" <phorum@code.campware.org> wrote: -----To: campsite-support@campware.orgFrom: "" <phorum@code.campware.org>Date: 11/12/2009 11:00AMSubject: [Campsite Support] Re: [campsite-support] Implementing ad rotation in campsiteAuthor: TerixLink:  http://code.campware.org/phorum/read.php?8,7721,7798#msg-7798--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hi, could i ask you which versione of openx do you use? I'm using 2.8.2 but i'm having a lot of troubles because of missing css (from what i see it's a bug of this version)could you tell me which openx version do you use?-- Sent from Campware Forumshttp://code.campware.org/phorum
  • Hi,

there was something earlier in the forum about so called "info pages", pages that are not changing according to the translation of the articles etc. but they stay in that way quite static always there. I do not know if that would have been useful method for our site.

We have made a navigation template on left side of our site that has this:

{{ local }}
    {{ set_language name="English" }}
    {{ set_issue number="2" }}
    {{ set_section number="1" }}
    {{ set_article name="About Us" }}
    About Us

{{ set_section number="5" }}
    {{ set_article name="Contact Us" }}
    Contact Us

{{ unset_issue }}
    {{ unset_language }}
    {{ /local }}

It works when we are looking the English pages but goes to our search page when using any of the other 14 languages we are using on the site.

I would understand that when we force by setting the language name to English that it would show the English articles from the specified issue and section, no matter what is the previous language of any article that the viewer has been looking. What goes wrong with this logic? How should we correct this?

Sanna @ Gene
  • Did you translate the articles "About Us" and "Contact Us" to the other
    languages? Do the translations have the same name? If not, please use the
    article number: {{ set_article number= }}

Use the preview article function to see any error messages the template
    might throw when setting issues, sections, articles etc.

Mugur

On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 10:44 PM, Generare Management Department <
    management@generare.com> wrote:

> Hi,
    >
    > there was something earlier in the forum about so called "info pages",
    > pages that are not changing according to the translation of the articles
    > etc. but they stay in that way quite static always there. I do not know if
    > that would have been useful method for our site.
    >
    > We have made a navigation template on left side of our site that has this:
    >
    > {{ local }}
    > {{ set_language name="English" }}
    > {{ set_issue number="2" }}
    > {{ set_section number="1" }}
    > {{ set_article name="About Us" }}
    > About
    > Us

> {{ set_section number="5" }}
    > {{ set_article name="Contact Us" }}
    > Contact Us

>

> {{ unset_issue }}
    > {{ unset_language }}
    > {{ /local }}
    >
    > It works when we are looking the English pages but goes to our search page
    > when using any of the other 14 languages we are using on the site.
    >
    > I would understand that when we force by setting the language name to
    > English that it would show the English articles from the specified issue and
    > section, no matter what is the previous language of any article that the
    > viewer has been looking. What goes wrong with this logic? How should we
    > correct this?
    >
    > Sanna @ Gene
    >
    >
    >
  • Hi!

The idea is always to have these pages in English, no matter is the language otherwise.
    The main information of the company is only in English.

Not sure if some emptying cache action has helped because I can't get errors or wrong pages when clicking About Us and Contact Us now. My navigation template is the same than before. Normally the problem came when I selected other language than English and was looking an article in that language and from there jumped for example to the About Us page.

So, if you think my logics in the current template are proper, I'll keep them so until I find out that this solution wouldn't work for some reason.

Sanna

On 18.11.2009, at 19.17, Mugur Rus wrote:

> Did you translate the articles "About Us" and "Contact Us" to the other languages? Do the translations have the same name? If not, please use the article number: {{ set_article number= }}
    >
    > Use the preview article function to see any error messages the template might throw when setting issues, sections, articles etc.
    >
    > Mugur
    >
    > On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 10:44 PM, Generare Management Department wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > there was something earlier in the forum about so called "info pages", pages that are not changing according to the translation of the articles etc. but they stay in that way quite static always there. I do not know if that would have been useful method for our site.
    >
    > We have made a navigation template on left side of our site that has this:
    >
    > {{ local }}
    > {{ set_language name="English" }}
    > {{ set_issue number="2" }}
    > {{ set_section number="1" }}
    > {{ set_article name="About Us" }}
    > About Us

> {{ set_section number="5" }}
    > {{ set_article name="Contact Us" }}
    > Contact Us

>

> {{ unset_issue }}
    > {{ unset_language }}
    > {{ /local }}
    >
    > It works when we are looking the English pages but goes to our search page when using any of the other 14 languages we are using on the site.
    >
    > I would understand that when we force by setting the language name to English that it would show the English articles from the specified issue and section, no matter what is the previous language of any article that the viewer has been looking. What goes wrong with this logic? How should we correct this?
    >
    > Sanna @ Gene
    >
  • Hi Sanna,

I tested your code and it works for me; whatever the language of the article
    the links to the English articles work OK. I could give it a look if you
    give me access to your site.

Mugur

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 9:12 AM, Generare Management Department <
    management@generare.com> wrote:

> Hi!
    >
    > The idea is always to have these pages in English, no matter is the
    > language otherwise.
    > The main information of the company is only in English.
    >
    > Not sure if some emptying cache action has helped because I can't get
    > errors or wrong pages when clicking About Us and Contact Us now. My
    > navigation template is the same than before. Normally the problem came when
    > I selected other language than English and was looking an article in that
    > language and from there jumped for example to the About Us page.
    >
    > So, if you think my logics in the current template are proper, I'll keep
    > them so until I find out that this solution wouldn't work for some reason.
    >
    > Sanna
    >
    > On 18.11.2009, at 19.17, Mugur Rus wrote:
    >
    > Did you translate the articles "About Us" and "Contact Us" to the other
    > languages? Do the translations have the same name? If not, please use the
    > article number: {{ set_article number= }}
    >
    > Use the preview article function to see any error messages the template
    > might throw when setting issues, sections, articles etc.
    >
    > Mugur
    >
    > On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 10:44 PM, Generare Management Department <
    > management@generare.com> wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> there was something earlier in the forum about so called "info pages",
    >> pages that are not changing according to the translation of the articles
    >> etc. but they stay in that way quite static always there. I do not know if
    >> that would have been useful method for our site.
    >>
    >> We have made a navigation template on left side of our site that has this:
    >>
    >> {{ local }}
    >> {{ set_language name="English" }}
    >> {{ set_issue number="2" }}
    >> {{ set_section number="1" }}
    >> {{ set_article name="About Us" }}
    >> About
    >> Us

>> {{ set_section number="5" }}
    >> {{ set_article name="Contact Us" }}
    >> Contact Us

>>

>> {{ unset_issue }}
    >> {{ unset_language }}
    >> {{ /local }}
    >>
    >> It works when we are looking the English pages but goes to our search page
    >> when using any of the other 14 languages we are using on the site.
    >>
    >> I would understand that when we force by setting the language name to
    >> English that it would show the English articles from the specified issue and
    >> section, no matter what is the previous language of any article that the
    >> viewer has been looking. What goes wrong with this logic? How should we
    >> correct this?
    >>
    >> Sanna @ Gene
    >>
    >>
    >
    >
    >
    >